Login

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: BLACK MASS - SYDNEY NOV 27TH - NAZXUL, ASTRIAAL, DTL + MORE
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:57 pm 
Cardinal
Cardinal
This is fucking disgusting.

From metalshop:

Quote:
*WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF CONTACTING ALL TICKET HOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY BUT ALL TICKET HOLDERS SHOULD CONTACT US BY EMAIL TO RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS IN REGARDS TO THEIR TICKETS IN CASE WE CAN NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU. PLEASE BE PATIENT AS OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE A LOT TO GET THROUGH. EMAIL – seancerecords @ hotmail.com

We deeply regret to inform everyone that the Black Mass festival to be held on the November the 27th has been cancelled.
The turn of events that has unfolded in regards to the Black Mass festival has shocked us and filled us with disappointment, anger and sadness.
Less than two weeks out from the show The RSL board has pulled the plug on Black Mass Festival. They have blatantly cancelled with no prior notice and with no option of negotiation or compromise. They have sadly bowed under pressure from Christians who have lobbied them to cancel the show.
The disappointment I feel is hard to even put into words, especially after so many reassurances from the venue about the show going ahead. It is of course a massive blow not just to us but especially to all of the bands performing who have dedicated time and money to play this show. We also realize that this is a great inconvenience for all ticket holders and attendees some of whom are coming from as far away as Tasmania, Perth & even New Zealand! This is what upsets me the most when I think about everything that has unfolded.
The Christians have launched the full scale of their campaign at the last minute, I believe in a calculated manner to sabotage us to the fullest extent possible. They have done so via a series of facebook pages organized to have the event cancelled. From their website we can tell that these are the same people who lobby against gay & lesbian rights, womens reproductive rights & contraception.
What they don’t realize is that they not only hurt us, we will be hurt financially and have lost countless hours of work time. But they really hurt the people that can least afford it, the bands and fans. Their actions will cause large scale hurt not to a secret den of Satanists as they may imagine but to normal hard working, tax paying, law abiding Australians. Young people who have taken time off work, rearranged their schedules and family life, then spent money that they probably can’t afford on flights and tickets to the event in the pursuit of a shared love for heavy metal & live independent Australian music. What they also do not realize is that they equally hurt themselves in alienating all of us, their fanaticism only re enforces the atheist & non christian path already taken by many young people in the community. What they have undertaken is in fact harassment and a campaign of discrimination and hate against us.
We ask that people do not take out their anger on Christians at large because this is just one group of fanatics. We do ask that you voice your anger about the cancellation and support of the event to the RSL and RSL board.
The injustice seems overwhelming in this situation and we are asking that everyone email and phone the RSL to complain about their decision to cancel the show. Please tell them how this has affected you personally, if you have booked flights or tickets and have been inconvenienced by them. Also tell them how you demand the freedom for artists to perform without religious interference or censorship. You must also demand the freedom to enjoy live music entertainment in a law abiding manner without moral or religious interference. The show has been cancelled due to complaints by Christians so please make sure they receive an equal amount of complaints from us! Stand up for your right to be a metal head without discrimination! Stand up and be counted too.
We have drafted a generic complaint email which you can send if you do not wish to compose your own. You can also add your personal angle on it with information about how you have been inconvenienced by their cancellation. Please be sure to sign your name when you send it. Cut and paste from below.

Again we give our deepest apologies about this but it has gone so far out of our control that there is nothing further that we can do.
Please email – seancerecords @ hotmail.com if you have ticket issues.

Here are their contact details to send your email complaints to:
Please CC your email to the addresses to all of the emails below.
(Abusive emails will not help the cause. We do not condone any threatening, abusive or profane emails. Your complaints must be legitimate to be taken seriously)

Email:
RSL NSW: admin@rslnsw.org.au
RSL National: nhqadmin@rsl.org.au
Mr Warren Burr (Events Manager Petersham + Newtown RSL): warrenb@petershamrsl.com.au
Mr Danny Fitzgerald (CEO Petersham and Newtown RSL): dannyf@petershamrsl.com.au
Event Bookers A Red Letter Day: redletter@bigpond.com

Phone:
Mr Warren Burr (Events Manager Petersham + Newtown RSL): 95608355

LETTER OF COMPLAINT TEMPLATE

To whom it may concern,
I am writing to complain about the cancellation of the Black Mass Festival at Newtown RSL on November the 27th 2010.
I support this event and strongly disagree with the RSL board’s decision to cancel the show especially at such late notice.
The decision to cancel this event has impacted me personally as well as the hard working artists and performers who were booked for this show. The cancellation is a sad blow for all fans, artists involved and supporters of independent live music in this country.
I am extremely disappointed with the lack of tolerance demonstrated by this decision and the removal of my freedom to enjoy the live entertainment that I choose without the interference of religious organizations that I do not personally support.
I will not in the future renew any RSL memberships that I currently hold and will not attend events held at Sydney RSL venues. I will be informing my friends and relatives to do the same in addition to my belief that Sydney RSL venue’s do not promote tolerance towards all religious beliefs, music styles and subcultures.
I will not be subject to the whims of religious organizations to which I have no affiliation. I demand the freedom for artists to perform without religious interference or censorship. I also demand the freedom to enjoy live music entertainment in a law abiding manner without moral or religious interference.
Regards,

A GUIDE TO THE ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE LOBBIED TO HAVE THIS EVENT CANCELLED

This is the organization behind the campaign to stop the event.
http://www.ypat.org.au/

This is one of the main activist pages
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=159644040714119

The is the protest event page.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 05&index=1

This is the blogspot of the organization protesting the event.
http://www.catholictakingaction.blogspot.com/

This is the one sided article about the cancellation
http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-diar ... 17ufp.html

This is the same one sided article reprinted.
http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/natio ... 98218.aspx

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:02 pm 
Molested
Molested
Crucifixion Wounds wrote:
da666 wrote:
Why the mods have not deleted this guy above (Crucifixion Wounds) i do not know, all he does is talk shit and spread shit.

Settle, you're confusing me for the NWN forum poster of the same name. My comment was obviously a poke in the ribs to Marskell.

edited my post haha sorry, im just currently only seeing red and not thinking straight.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:14 pm 
Molested
Molested
I know this has already been posted but it needs to come from us officially. Black Mass is over but please await announcements from the bands about performances.

*WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF CONTACTING ALL TICKET HOLDERS INDIVIDUALLY BUT ALL TICKET HOLDERS SHOULD CONTACT US BY EMAIL TO RECEIVE FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS IN REGARDS TO THEIR TICKETS IN CASE WE CAN NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU. PLEASE BE PATIENT AS OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE A LOT TO GET THROUGH. EMAIL – seancerecords @ hotmail.com

We deeply regret to inform everyone that the Black Mass festival to be held on the November the 27th has been cancelled.
The turn of events that has unfolded in regards to the Black Mass festival has shocked us and filled us with disappointment, anger and sadness.
Less than two weeks out from the show The RSL board has pulled the plug on Black Mass Festival. They have blatantly cancelled with no prior notice and with no option of negotiation or compromise. They have sadly bowed under pressure from Christians who have lobbied them to cancel the show.
The disappointment I feel is hard to even put into words, especially after so many reassurances from the venue about the show going ahead. It is of course a massive blow not just to us but especially to all of the bands performing who have dedicated time and money to play this show. We also realize that this is a great inconvenience for all ticket holders and attendees some of whom are coming from as far away as Tasmania, Perth & even New Zealand! This is what upsets me the most when I think about everything that has unfolded.
The Christians have launched the full scale of their campaign at the last minute, I believe in a calculated manner to sabotage us to the fullest extent possible. They have done so via a series of facebook pages organized to have the event cancelled. From their website we can tell that these are the same people who lobby against gay & lesbian rights, womens reproductive rights & contraception.
What they don’t realize is that they not only hurt us, we will be hurt financially and have lost countless hours of work time. But they really hurt the people that can least afford it, the bands and fans. Their actions will cause large scale hurt not to a secret den of Satanists as they may imagine but to normal hard working, tax paying, law abiding Australians. Young people who have taken time off work, rearranged their schedules and family life, then spent money that they probably can’t afford on flights and tickets to the event in the pursuit of a shared love for heavy metal & live independent Australian music. What they also do not realize is that they equally hurt themselves in alienating all of us, their fanaticism only re enforces the atheist & non christian path already taken by many young people in the community. What they have undertaken is in fact harassment and a campaign of discrimination and hate against us.
We ask that people do not take out their anger on Christians at large because this is just one group of fanatics. We do ask that you voice your anger about the cancellation and support of the event to the RSL and RSL board.
The injustice seems overwhelming in this situation and we are asking that everyone email and phone the RSL to complain about their decision to cancel the show. Please tell them how this has affected you personally, if you have booked flights or tickets and have been inconvenienced by them. Also tell them how you demand the freedom for artists to perform without religious interference or censorship. You must also demand the freedom to enjoy live music entertainment in a law abiding manner without moral or religious interference. The show has been cancelled due to complaints by Christians so please make sure they receive an equal amount of complaints from us! Stand up for your right to be a metal head without discrimination! Stand up and be counted too.
We have drafted a generic complaint email which you can send if you do not wish to compose your own. You can also add your personal angle on it with information about how you have been inconvenienced by their cancellation. Please be sure to sign your name when you send it. Cut and paste from below.

Again we give our deepest apologies about this but it has gone so far out of our control that there is nothing further that we can do.
Please email – seancerecords @ hotmail.com if you have ticket issues.

Here are their contact details to send your email complaints to:
Please CC your email to the addresses to all of the emails below.
(Abusive emails will not help the cause. We do not condone any threatening, abusive or profane emails. Your complaints must be legitimate to be taken seriously)

Email:
RSL NSW: admin@rslnsw.org.au
RSL National: nhqadmin@rsl.org.au
Mr Warren Burr (Events Manager Petersham + Newtown RSL): warrenb@petershamrsl.com.au
Mr Danny Fitzgerald (CEO Petersham and Newtown RSL): dannyf@petershamrsl.com.au
Event Bookers A Red Letter Day: redletter@bigpond.com

Phone:
Mr Warren Burr (Events Manager Petersham + Newtown RSL): 95608355

LETTER OF COMPLAINT TEMPLATE

To whom it may concern,
I am writing to complain about the cancellation of the Black Mass Festival at Newtown RSL on November the 27th 2010.
I support this event and strongly disagree with the RSL board’s decision to cancel the show especially at such late notice.
The decision to cancel this event has impacted me personally as well as the hard working artists and performers who were booked for this show. The cancellation is a sad blow for all fans, artists involved and supporters of independent live music in this country.
I am extremely disappointed with the lack of tolerance demonstrated by this decision and the removal of my freedom to enjoy the live entertainment that I choose without the interference of religious organizations that I do not personally support.
I will not in the future renew any RSL memberships that I currently hold and will not attend events held at Sydney RSL venues. I will be informing my friends and relatives to do the same in addition to my belief that Sydney RSL venue’s do not promote tolerance towards all religious beliefs, music styles and subcultures.
I will not be subject to the whims of religious organizations to which I have no affiliation. I demand the freedom for artists to perform without religious interference or censorship. I also demand the freedom to enjoy live music entertainment in a law abiding manner without moral or religious interference.
Regards,

A GUIDE TO THE ORGANIZATIONS WHO HAVE LOBBIED TO HAVE THIS EVENT CANCELLED

This is one of the main activist pages
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=159644040714119

The is the protest event page.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... 05&index=1

This is the blogspot of the organization protesting the event.
http://www.catholictakingaction.blogspot.com/

This is the one sided article about the cancellation
http://www.smh.com.au/national/the-diar ... 17ufp.html

This is the same one sided article reprinted.
http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/natio ... 98218.aspx

Last edited by S_Slaughter on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:14 pm 
Satan
Satan
Ichor wrote:

They're probably worried something like this is gonna happen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bookmarking that for the next time I need cheering up. Fucking hilarious.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 pm 
٩๏̯͡๏)۶
٩๏̯͡๏)۶
Althor wrote:

What a stupid fucking world we live in. I hate you all.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:16 pm 
Satan
Satan
I don't want any of that Hillsong brainwashing facility concerts played in this country anymore then

FIGHT THE POWAH.

But in all seriousness, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:28 pm 
Satan
Satan
it's actually a testament to australian laziness that our christians don't demonstrate more often and don't try to get more things banned. they need to sort their shit out

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 pm 
Satan
Satan
Crucifixion Wounds wrote:
Marskell wrote:
i'd be up for the drive if i can tag along with someone, chipping in fuel/expenses of course

The gig has been moved to Townsville. See you there mate!

:bow:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:49 pm 
Satan
Satan
Now's the time you confirm OOTV was reforming for the show.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:51 pm 
Satan
Satan
That news would've caused a lot more disappointment if the show was actually going ahead.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:57 pm 
Satan
Satan
Oracle of the Sadistik Exekution.

One day Mick...one day you'll reform. I just hope it's not at the Australia Metal ARIA's.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:30 pm 
Satan
Satan
Har. Only under the name Mickway Drive.

I can't believe FACEBOOK GROUPS did this. It's a fucking FACEBOOK GROUP. I guess reality is only the fake Internet after all.

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
it's as much a part of a soap dodger's life as having a dog on a string!!!

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
darth gayder, as queer as a bottle of chips!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:36 pm 
Priest
Priest
SERIOUSLY? WOW! what filth we live amongst.

Magero wrote:
i was like "how do you know their throat is fucked if its a vid of them shitting?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:16 am 
Molested
Molested
Well, this is fucked. Anyone want 5 tickets to Sydney for the weekend of the 27th?

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 am 
Altar Boy
Altar Boy
What a bunch of shit. Fucking cunts. Im glad i hadn't organised to go yet. See the sites says the Black Mass is un-Australian, pretty sure freedom and freedom to enjoy what you want is Australian. Fucking christian cunts, fuck i want to buy a ticket to Sydney to burn the fucking church down when they're all in there.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 am 
Molested
Molested
As the organisers said - wait to hear from the bands also, our voices will not be silenced.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 am 
Satan
Satan
I sent THIS below to their email address - catholicta@gmail.com

To whom it may concern,
You church people really just don’t get it do you. There’s no ‘spell going to be cast on Sydney’ it’s all smoke and mirrors like a horror movie. For you crazy religious zealots to take this so seriously just proves that some people really are still stuck in the dark ages with their beliefs. I mean believing in God these days is like believing in a boogie-man under the bed and furthermore thinking that a real ‘Black Mass’ was actually going to go ahead is just stupid. No one going to the event is probably even actually satanic…you people preach tolerance but as soon as some people try to have some fun, you’re all up in their face protesting because you don’t agree with it. I’m so glad I was not brought up in religious household and brainwashed like you people are. Religion is what does the real damage to the society we live in. Every war that has occurred comes back to religion and difference of beliefs somewhere. I can’t wait for Aliens to land so that you will all be put in your place and realise that your ‘faith’ was nothing less than a control method started by a money hungry Church in the 1600’s.

Thank you and good night,

Kent Haines

(Athiest)

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 am 
Deacon
Deacon
I think targetting ALL Christians just because a small number of people lobbied for this gig to be cancelled is rather harsh

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 am 
Satan
Satan
nah. fuck em

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 am 
Molested
Molested
Someone has also created a petition for people to sign: http://www.petitiononline.com/metlrulz/petition.html

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:13 am 
Choir Boy
Choir Boy
so the first domino has fallen.. Now watch the rest follow. Sydney metal was already a mess. But with the whitecoats winning this .. It wont stop. Give it time.. if they can put laws on where you smoke, laws on your ability to swear in public. its only a matter of time before they have laws in regards to putting on metal shows. Tho time will tell. But i could be wrong.
But this is a sad day for australian metal..
A sad day for free speech...

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:30 am 
Satan
Satan
you can find that Ronan dudes phone number here: http://www.fatima.org.au/rosaryinthestreet.php

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:36 am 
Satan
Satan
Not trying to be a smartarse, but feel suggestions such as 'church burning' is only going to reinforce their opinions that metalheads are uneducated Satanists to be persecuted. *I* know that's not the case, and most of you are only kidding. But it's out there now. We need to fight smart, not pyro.

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 am 
Satan
Satan
If you're going to to go the effort of logging in to a forum and posting stuff like OMG THIS IS FUCKED or something, be bothered to send off an email to the addresses S. Slaughter posted. Probably more effective.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:40 am 
Satan
Satan
I've sent mine

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 am 
Satan
Satan
:thumbup: :metal: :wink:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 am 
٩๏̯͡๏)۶
٩๏̯͡๏)۶
Van_Helen wrote:
Not trying to be a smartarse, but feel suggestions such as 'church burning' is only going to reinforce their opinions that metalheads are uneducated Satanists to be persecuted. *I* know that's not the case, and most of you are only kidding. But it's out there now. We need to fight smart, not pyro.

While I've made many church burning suggestions on Facebook, I did it privately. I made plenty of eloquent posts on their facebook page (without calling them 'faggots'), asking them questions about why this was helping anybody, and they were deleted. You can't fight smart against people who are driven by fear, and those who are without logic or reasoning. If they had either they wouldn't be devout Christians in the first place. For the first time last night I truly understood the motivation to go burn down a church, lol.

I truly hope legal action is taken for defamation or discrimination. You can't take the right or wrong moral high ground here, but legally this is just as fucked.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:22 am 
Molested
Molested
Young Ronan (20) is a serial complainer, interesting to see what dirt comes up on this worm

http://cathnews.acu.edu.au/709/4.php

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:26 am 
Satan
Satan
lol he was 16 at that californication protest.
kids these days :hopeless:

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:34 am 
Satan
Satan
Thinking of changing folds. It's so much more punk to be metal these days haha

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:

Profile  Offline

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next